Private and public sector organisations are increasingly aware of the impact that their operations have on the environment. They are developing partnerships and strategies to minimise the negative effects.
CBS Outdoor is alert to the need for environmental awareness in everything we do. This is evident in our asset partner propositions, our advertising products and our day-to-day operations. Ultimately, our aim is that a commercial relationship with CBS Outdoor will only ever enhance our asset partners’ overall green credentials.
Our sustainability initiatives include:
Our benchmark environmental standard for our operations, service delivery and waste management is ISO 14001. We encourage our third-part suppliers to operate to this same standard.
As an outdoor advertising company, our environmental impact is largely generated by the posters we produce. We encourage printers to use environmentally friendly and sustainable raw materials as well as processes including;
- Use of degradable soya oil instead of mineral oils in lithographic printing
- UV-cured, water-based inks to replace solvent-based inks
- FSC paper-fibre sources and chlorine-free recycled papers
- Paper-based board to replace vinyl, particularly for transit and bus advertising
- Introduction of LED and other alternative illumination solutions to reduce power consumption.
- Use of small scale wind / solar generation to meet localised power requirements.
- Partnerships with renewable energy providers where available.
- Our product range includes dual-purpose advertising / recycling structures and dedicated recycling units.
- An active policy to increase our use of recycled materials, particularly where paper and paper-based products can be used for advertising display production.
- Our advertising hardware design and manufacture are in line with key sustainability practices.
Use of recycled materials in manufacturing
- Design features to minimise servicing and power consumption
- Responsible site decommissioning and recycling of life-expired advertising hardware where appropriate.